Discover how alpha hydroxy acid works on the skin and what are the products with the strongest concentrations of AHA.
As the market for anti wrinkle products rise, so do the research and technology involving how wrinkles start, form, and how to remove them. It has been scientifically proven that alpha hydroxy acids work very well for wrinkles, and sun damaged skin. Due to scientific research and data, alpha hydroxy acid lotions and other AHA products have increased in popularity tremendously. Alpha hydroxy acids have been used for hundreds of years in skin care. However, we are just now realizing how exactly it works and how exactly it treats skin problems.
The most commonly used alpha hydroxy acids in skin care are glycolic acid and lactic acid. These two acids have a powerful ability which is that they can easily penetrate the skin. They work as an exfoliant or dead skin cell removers. They penetrate the skin, then they cut, unglue or destroy the connective bonds that the dead skin cells have. Thus we are able to take away the dead skin cells of the skin, allowing newer and more youthful looking skin cells to resurface. Plus it stimulates skin cell production. So we have all these new skin cells on our face that is very youthful looking.
There is also scientific evidence that alpha hydroxy acid lotions or products have the power to stimulate collagen although further research is still needed. Some of the common benefits of alpha hydroxy acid lotions are improvement in skin pigmentation or reduces uneven pigmentation. AHA lotions also decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. They remove or exfoliate dead skin cells, increase sunscreen absorption and improves the appearance of sun damaged skin.
The Side Effects And Adverse Effects Of Alpha Hydroxy Acids
Alpha hydroxy acids have many benefits but they also carry a risk when using them. Alpha hydroxy acids have severe and extreme side effects like redness, burning, itching, pain, possibly scarring and sun sensitivity. The adverse effects are so harsh that the FDA regulated AHA. Alpha hydroxy acids are safe for use by consumers only if the following guidelines are met which are the AHA concentration is 10% or less, the final product has a pH of 3.5 or higher, and the final product must have an effective sunscreen in the formulation or warn people to use sunscreen products. Avoid contact in eyes, on eyelids, lips and other mucous membranes.
You should also contact your dermatologist or doctor first before using glycolic acid. I already explained to you the dangers of AHA acids already. Some skin types are just not made for AHA or glycolic acid creams.
Here Are Some Powerful And Potent Alpha Hydroxy Lotions or AHA Lotions
Here are some very good and potent alpha hydroxy lotions. Now I’m pretty sure that most of you are looking for very strong concentrations of AHA lotions, now I will tell you high concentrated products but you will have to use them at your own risk. These are meant for experienced users. You should also contact your dermatologist or doctor first before using these. I already explained to you the dangers of AHA acids already. Some skin types are just not made for AHA lotions or AHA products.
1. M.D. Forte Skin Rejuvenation Lotion III- This alpha hydroxy acid lotion is one of the best AHA I have ever tried. It is very potent and powerful that you must start at level I first before moving to level II and then you can move to level III. It has levels of AHA concentration so that your skin can adjust and can adapt. MD Forte is a company that specializes in glycolic acid compound products. They also have face creams, eye cream and facial cleansers that have alpha hydroxy acids. So it is best to also look at their other products, you may also like them if you are in the market for glycolic acid or aha lotions. I like this aha lotion very much, it leaves my skin feeling smooth and youthful looking. I highly recommend for people to try this product.
2. NeoStrata Lotion Plus AHA 15- is an extra strength lotion with 15% AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) that improves the visible signs of aging, even skin tone, relieve dry skin and improve overall texture when used as part of a daily skin care regimen. Recommended for use only after sustained treatment with NeoStrata AHA Smoothing Lotion or Cream. One great thing about this product is that it is fragrance free. A lot of products contain scents that are very powerful and very stinky but this anti aging lotion is scent free. This product also comes in a big bottle. It is worth 6.8 fl. oz. Definitely good enough to last for a long time. One thing to note is that you should not use this product if you are new to AHA or glycolic acid. Not for new users. This product is very strong.
3. Glytone Body Lotion, 8.4-Ounce Package - This product has 17.5% glycolic acid concentration which is above the 10% limit. This product is not for beginners. If you want to try if your skin can handle AHA lotions then try something that doesn’t have such a high concentration of it. Glytone Retexturize Body Lotion uses glycolic acid as its top key ingredient. The best part of this product is that it comes in a 8.4 fl. oz. while most anti aging lotions are only 1 fl. oz. Glytone Retexturize Body Lotion softens up and smooths out the skin. This thick, rich body lotion will soften even the roughest, toughest skin. Now again, these types of products are not for beginners. These are very strong and potent products that should not be used by beginners especially people new to AHA or glycolic acid.
4. Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion 10 percent Glycolic AHA — 6 fl oz - this anti aging lotion contains 10% pure Glycolic-AHA and vitamin E. 10% is the recommended safety limit by the FDA. Like most anti aging lotion with alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), this product is very good at reducing the appearance of fine lines, and wrinkles. It also has added benefits like renewing moisture, refines texture, improves elasticity and skin tone. This is a very popular AHA product due to its effectiveness, concentration of aha and the inexpensive price tag. Of course, there are safety concerns when using AHA products. They are definitely not for sensitive or delicate skin since AHA can cause irritation and even scarring. The manufacturer recommends that you read the product label carefully. Avoid contact in eyes, on eyelids, lips and other mucous membranes. I always recommend that you contact your doctor or dermatologist first before using an AHA product.
5. M2 Skin Care HP Skin Refinish 20% 50 ml.- This aha lotion was previously called mama lotion so there is a chance that a few may have heard of this product by that name. M2 skin refinish uses malic acid which is a form of alpha hydroxy acid. This alpha hydroxy lotion is very effective in protecting the skin from free radicals and delivering anti aging results. Malic acid is a very powerful antioxidant. M2 skin refinish also uses other powerful ingredients such as Mandelic acid. M2 skin refinish is often used as an anti aging product and as a way to control acne. Although there are more powerful alpha hydroxy acid lotions out there, m2 skin refinish comes in a 12% concentration and 20% concentration that deliver powerful noticeable results. This alpha hydroxy lotion is more marketed as an anti aging serum. A multi purpose anti aging serum designed to get rid of or eliminate a lot of skin care troubles and problems.
Purchase Inexpensive, Cheap, And Affordable AHA Lotions
One of the best place to buy alpha hydroxy acid lotions is a place where skin care stores will compete with each other for the price tag of the item. A place where you can see customer reviews, feedback, testimonials, and get a pretty good idea on how effective the product is. A place where you can compare prices and look at the rating of the skin care store to see how reputable they are. Such a place does exist and it is called Amazon.